This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to our disclaimer for more information.
Every child or for that matter even an adult deserves a treat once in a while, wouldn’t you agree?. These pancakes are one such treat my daughter Ziya thoroughly enjoys. In this blogpost I will share with you a pancake recipe which you can make from scratch with a healthier variation to it as well.
This is also a make ahead friendly option as I prepare the pancake mix in the below quantity and it lasts me for an extra day. With this dimension and thickness I can easily make around 20 pancakes.
To combine the ingredients well I use a mixer instead of a hand beater, as its faster and no lumps remain. However you can even use a bowl and a hand beater if you are comfortable using that. I also have this pan shown below that I had purchased from Amazon in the year 2018 which can make 3 pancakes at one go, thus saving even more time and effort. And I must say it is as good as new till today.
I love the combination of a cream cheese frosting with it. We had tried this while we were on a family holiday in Maldives back in 2018 that’s when I decided to learn how to make it for her as a side for the pancake.
Ways to serve Pancake:
- Evening snacks
- School snacks box
So here’s the pancake recipe, hope you enjoy it.
If you have tried out this recipe or anything else from our blog then we would love to hear your feedback. Please give it a rating and leave a comment in the section below or tag a photo @onelifeseveralstories #onelifeseveralstories on Instagram. Thank you!
Easy Pancake Recipe With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Frying Pan
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Buttermilk 2 tbs yoghurt mixed with 2 cups of water
- 4 tbsp Butter melted and cooled
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- Oil/ cooking spray only for drizzle
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 Cubes Cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Butter melted and cooled
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 cups Fresh Cream
- 2 Peaches pealed and cut into 4 pieces
- ⅓ cup Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Cinnamon Powder a pinch
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Salt a pinch
- In a bowl mix together the dry mixture which is flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside2 cups All purpose flour, 2 tbsp Sugar, 2 tsp Baking powder, 1 tsp Baking soda, 1 tsp Salt
- In the blender, beat the eggs at medium speed. Then add buttermilk, butter and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Now add the dry mixture in batches and mix well until combined.2 large Eggs, 2 cups Buttermilk, 4 tbsp Butter, ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- At this stage check the consistency as we do not want the batter to be really thick so adjust the water accordingly.
- Now you can store the batter in the fridge for later use. When you want to make it, then take the batter out from the fridge since it would have thickened a bit you can add a little milk and mix it well to get the right consistency.
- If you plan making it right away then go ahead with the following mentioned step
- Heat the pan over medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil or cooking spray. Pour a little mixture and cook on one side until bubbles start to show, then flip it over and cook until golden brown. Repeat this step depending on how many pancakes you would like to make.Oil/ cooking spray
- Dust the pancakes with some powdered sugar, drizzle a little maple syrup and serve them with cream cheese frosting and caramelized peaches.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a mixer blend together all the ingredients until well combined4 Cubes Cream cheese, 1 tbsp Butter, 1 tbsp Sugar, 2 cups Fresh Cream
- Refrigerate once done and serve cold
- Mix lemon juice, salt, cinnamon powder and peach together in a bowl2 Peaches, Cinnamon Powder, 1 tsp Lemon juice, Salt
- In a pan over medium flame, add butter and brown sugar until melted2 tbsp Butter, ⅓ cup Brown sugar
- Add the peaches and fry on each side stirring occasionally for about 5 mins until slightly golden brown
- Take it off the flame and serve immediately
- For a healthier version you can take half cup as oats flour and half cup as all purpose flour while making the pancakes. It tastes equally good.
- If you need help with any Herb or Spice listed in this recipe then refer to the guide: List of Herbs and Spices